The Asociación Andaluza del Dolor (AAD) has among its objectives to contribute to the scientific improvement and continuous training of its associates, as well as to promote and encourage the progress experienced in pain medicine, having the patient with pain as its ultimate goal.
In this sense, all initiatives not promoted by the AAD, public or private, personal or group, whose purpose is the above objectives, are in line with the declared objectives of the AAD and, therefore, the AAD may, by virtue of the present regulations give their support, in the form of “Avals” or “Recognitions”.
Given the multidisciplinary nature of the Andalusian Association of Pain and its backbone role in pain medicine, the recognition of scientific or social activities is open to all professionals, associations or entities related to the field of pain or that contribute to it.
These regulations are aimed at offering an instrument to assess the recognition by the AAD of those activities that meet the necessary requirements to promote said activity.
ARTICLE 1. EVENTS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE RECOGNITION FROM THE AAD
- Any health scientific activity may be subject to a Guarantee of Recognition of interest. Activity is understood as:
- Any training event: course, seminar, workshop, master, etc.
- Any scientific act: congress, meeting, symposium or conference, etc.
- Any printed document: book, magazine, collection, monograph, etc.
- Any electronic document: web page, CD/DVD, etc.
- Any audiovisual element: video, audiotape, set of slides, etc.
- Any meeting, social act or informative campaign carried out by any means of dissemination.
- Awards and distinctions.
- Any other activity or product not contemplated among the above for which the sponsorship of the AAD is requested.
- The domains for which a guarantee may be granted will be:
- Scientific: Congresses, meetings, symposiums, research, health programs, guides, consensus, scientific or healthcare activities in general, publications in different formats, and any other activity with a similar format and purpose.
- Training: Courses, workshops, continuing education, scholarships, and any other activity of a similar format and purpose.
- Social: Informative, communication, patient school, patient congresses, institutional activities, charitable and health promotion activities, prizes, and any other activity with a similar format and purpose.
- The activities must be of public and open offer.
- The activities must be accessible to AAD members.
ARTICLE 2. EVENTS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE RECOGNITION OR ENDORSEMENT OF THE AAD
The AAD, by virtue of these regulations and based on its statutes and the experience acquired over the years of its existence, has predefined a series of situations/circumstances in which the granting of the endorsement/recognition will not be carried out , except in the circumstances specified in each point (eg the signing of an agreement, etc.).
- Guarantees will not be granted for activities with explicit or majority and only promotion of health or pharmaceutical products.
- Endorsements will not be granted if there is no adequate involvement, collaboration or participation of AAD members in the activities, at least scientific and training activities.
- Endorsements will not be granted in activities promoted by other scientific societies if there is no participation, or collaboration of the AAD, through the bodies of its Board of Directors and the signing of a specific agreement or agreement.
- Guarantees will not be granted in activities with Health or Teaching Institutions if there is no participation, or collaboration of the AAD, and signing of a specific agreement or agreement.
- Guarantees will not be granted in activities with the Pharmaceutical industry or health products if there is no participation or collaboration of the AAD.
- Guarantees will not be granted in activities that involve a conflict of interest that undermine the development of the purposes or activities of the AAD, or involve unfair competition.
- Endorsements will not be granted in activities similar to those already carried out by the AAD, and do not participate as a scientific partner.
- Endorsements will not be granted to meetings or publications whose content is intended to promote the activities of associations whose purposes conflict with the founding purposes of the AAD.
- Endorsements will not be granted to Meetings or publications whose content is intended to promote pseudoscientific knowledge.
- The activities endorsed by these regulations may in no way conflict with the institutional activities organized or sponsored by the Board of Directors of the AAD. Within these circumstances are:
- Coincidence or proximity in time with institutional, scientific or training activities, organized or sponsored by the AAD.
- Other types of unspecified circumstances that imply a detriment to the interests of the AAD.
ARTICLE 3. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RECOGNITION GUARANTEE
Any activity in line with the statutory objectives of the AAD and that favors its development and implementation may receive, in accordance with these regulations, the granting of the AAD Guarantee as a recognition of quality.
- Said recognition by the AAD implies identifying the contribution of value, interest, promotion, dissemination or development of technical, scientific, educational, informative, research, care or social aspects related to the area of knowledge of pain or the patients who suffer them and ultimately contribute to scientific and health progress in the field of pain medicine.
- The denomination of the guarantee will be: Guarantee of recognition of interest:
- Scientific recognition is limited to endorsing the value and interest of an activity.
- Endorsement of recognition of scientific interest.
- Endorsement of recognition of training interest.
- Endorsement of recognition of social interest.
- It must be requested personally by the scientific manager or the organizer of the activity.
- In the event that the organizer is a company, association or institution, the request must be processed through a duly accredited representative.
- It must be requested for a single event.
- The granting of scientific accreditation is made for a single event and in no way presupposes the granting of the same to subsequent editions of the same, which must be requested again individually.
ARTICLE 4. DATA TO BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION FOR THE ACCREDITATION OF CONGRESSES, COURSES, SYMPOSIA OR SIMILAR
The request must be accompanied by the following data, among others, which must be completed in the guarantee request form (available on the AAD website:
- Name and/or company name of the organizer.
- Type of endorsement requested for the ACTIVITY: scientific, training, social.
- Planted objectives.
- ACTIVITY methodology.
- Professionals, people or groups to whom it is addressed.
- Complete program of the ACTIVITY in electronic format.
- Scheduled dates for completion.
- Place (full address) where the ACTIVITY will take place.
- Name of those involved in the act, with reference to their occupation and place of work.
- Existence (or not) of any other official accreditation and Certificate that accredits it in your case.
- Duration hours (or accreditation) of the ACTIVITY, specifying the breakdown of theoretical and/or practical hours, if any.
- Indicate if there is sponsorship or not by Commercial Houses and/or if they are the ones that carry out the ACTIVITY.
- Economic Report with the detailed economic budget, indicating the costs by items and the total cost of the ACTIVITY.
ARTICLE 5. FORM OF PRESENTATION OF THE APPLICATION
- The application must be submitted through the AAD WEB page.
- The request must be directed to the attention of the Board of Directors of the AAD.
ARTICLE 6. FEES
- To apply for the Guarantee from the AAD, you must pay 75 euros according to the criteria of PROCESSING FEE FOR GUARANTEE REQUEST (See table of rates).
- Once it has been granted, the corresponding fee must be paid according to the GUARANTEE AWARDING RATE criteria (See rate table).
- The exemption from processing fees is ex gratia and must be adequately justified.
- In the event that the promoter of the ACTIVITY is a collaborating partner of the AAD, a differential treatment could be contemplated in some of the above point(s), following in any case the framework contract signed between the collaborator and the AAD.
Table of Aval Request Rates by the AAD
|Activity||Non-profit guarantee of partners or general interest entities||For-profit endorsement|
|Processing FEE||75 euros||75 euros|
|General RATES||If requested without fees: 0 euros||General: 1000 euros
Special situations: 200 euros
|DISSEMINATION RATES ON THE WEB (3-6 months)||0 – 300 euros||200 – 500 euros|
|E-mail dissemination rates||200 euros||300 euros|
ARTICLE 7. DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION AND RESOLUTION
- The sponsorship request and the corresponding report must be in the possession of the AAD secretary at least 3 months before the ACTIVITY and always before publicizing the event, and any request that does not respect the event will be rejected. the established deadline.
- Upon request for a Guarantee, the AAD undertakes to study the request and respond to it within a period not exceeding 15 business days (after delivery of all the required information).
ARTICLE 8. EVALUATION FOR THE GRANTING OF THE GUARANTEE
The evaluation of the granting of each Guarantee will be carried out through a quality scoring system, requiring a minimum score for its granting.
- Relevance of the ACTIVITY. degree of need for it.
- Value the ACTIVITY. Aspects related to quality, progress, curricular value, continuing education, scientific progress and current affairs:
- Diffusion of the ACTIVITY. Related to magnitude of effect, number of recipients, participating DAA partners, accessibility, general diffusion:
Dissemination through the WEB page or email to AAD members will award at least 1 additional point.
- Participation of the AAD or AAD Partners in the ACTIVITY:
A minimum score of 12 points will be required to grant the endorsement of recognition. This may be granted or denied based on the score obtained and the general criteria established.
ARTICLE 9. RIGHTS REPORTED BY THE GRANTING OF THE SED GUARANTEE
When granting the GUARANTEE, the AAD undertakes to:
- Grant a certificate of concession of the AVAL of Recognition and the terms thereof.
- Allow the use of the AAD Logo with its text in the programs, posters, advertising brochures and other supports of the ACTIVITY.
- The AAD logo will always be accompanied by the text: Endorsement of recognition of interest in the corresponding domain.
- Indicate in them that the ACTIVITY is endorsed by the AAD.
- If requested, and with the corresponding payment of additional fees: publicize the ACTIVITY through its website.
- Advertise the ACTIVITY on the website within a period not exceeding 15 business days, if requested and pay the corresponding complementary Fees. The EVENT will be advertised until it is held, never exceeding 3-6 months.
- Send emails (up to two per member) to the members, advertising the event, if requested and pay the corresponding additional fees.
- The logo and text that can be attached to the program, posters and brochures of the activity is as follows:
Text: GUARANTEE of recognition of interest…
ARTICLE 10. DUTIES OF THE RECIPIENT
- The Guarantee Commission, together with the Secretary and President, may require, after agreement with the Promoter, changes in the titles and/or contents for the approval of the GUARANTEE.
- In the event that the ACTIVITY is a book, CD/DVD, video, monograph, magazine or similar, the sponsoring entities undertake to send the AAD a number of copies for its library, which will be specified in the report.
- In the event that the ACTIVITY is an award or distinction, the sponsoring entities undertake to send a replica or copy to the AAD if requested. If the attendance of a jury is necessary for this ACTIVITY, the AAD must be consulted for the appointment of at least one of its members. A representative of the AAD who will be appointed by the Board of Directors must be present at the award or distinction ceremony.
- In the event that the ACTIVITY is a congress, meeting, conference or similar, the organizing entities, groups or persons undertake that a representative of the AAD appointed by the Board of Directors be present at the presentation of the ACTIVITY in agreement with the organization.
- The recipient agrees to communicate and wait to receive the approval of the AAD in the following aspects:
- Place where the logo will be located (in advertisements, programs, products,…).
- Complete sketch of the page where the logo will be located.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address of the person designated as contact for the ACTIVITY (to direct possible clarifications or the final response to the request).
ARTICLE 11. CONSTITUTION OF THE EVALUATING COMMITTEE.
- The person responsible for the evaluation and granting of the Guarantees will be the Guarantees Committee, formed by 2 members of the Board of Directors plus the Secretary and the President of the AAD.
ARTICLE 12. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP OF THE AAD
- In no way does the granting of recognition imply defraying, totally or partially, the expenses corresponding to the development of the activity.
- Any sponsorship must be approved by the Guarantees Commission, together with the Secretary and President.
ARTICLE 13. PUBLICITY OF THE ACTIVITIES SPONSORED TO THE MEMBERS OF THE AAD
- The Secretary of the Board of Directors of the AAD will keep a record book of all sponsored ACTIVITIES.
- The President of the Board of Directors of the AAD, in his annual report at the Assembly of the Society, will give an account of all the events sponsored by the AAD.
ARTICLE 14. DENIAL OF ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES AGAINST THE SAME
- The denial of the Evaluation Committee must always be reported.
- Against the resolution of the evaluation committee no appeal is contemplated.
ARTICLE 15. SANCTION REGIME
- Any breach or variation of the approved requirements or improper use of the guarantee may result in a withdrawal of the rights to use the guarantee and force its withdrawal, and its dissemination.
- The dissemination or advance notice of request of the Guarantee of the AAD is not allowed, without prior concession. The use or dissemination of the endorsement or its advance notice of request without being approved, will entail the possibility of disciplinary measures for the members of the AAD, and of possible legal actions against those responsible.
- Non-compliance or variation of the requirements approved in the granting of a guarantee may be cause for denial of guarantee requests for subsequent requests.
ARTICLE 16. APPLICATION OF SPECIFIC CRITERIA
- The AAD reserves the right to introduce “Specific Criteria” in any ACTIVITY, if there are particular aspects not contemplated in this document, which must be agreed with the entities, groups or persons that make a specific proposal and finally approved by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE 17. REFORM OF THE PRESENT REGULATION
- The AAD reserves the right to modify this document at any time by decision and express approval of the Board
- The established modifications will not be retroactive and will only be effective from the date of approval of the new
- It is assumed that those ACTIVITIES that achieved the endorsement of the AAD prior to the date of approval of the modifications will not be affected by them.
Asociación Andaluza del Dolor
Informative space of the Fundación Andaluza del Dolor and the Asociación Andaluza del Dolor to spread knowledge about pain among the Andalusian population.